Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fiddledidoo :)

We arrived in Blarney yesterday afternoon after a very long ride and rushed to see the castle before it closed. Making it 30 minutes before close we ran up to the castle, climbed the extremely steep steps, that I almost didn't make up...never knew I had a fear of heights, then we kissed the Blarney stone in hopes of getting the gift of eloquence! To be honest I wasn't so sure about kissing a stone that every one has put their lips on, but the guy that worked there really convinced me and well I had already gone through the trouble and fear of the stupid steps so I figure I would make it worth my time.
So I laid down, leaned back and well my 5ft frame didn't get me to the stone, so the guy had to basically hold me upside down and I finally managed to kiss the stone! I never knew that the stone was at the bottom of the castle wall and you are looking at the ground below you.
After the castle we walked through the gardens and went to the wishing steps, where they say you have to close your eyes and climb the steps thinking only about your wish. If you make it up and down the steps with your eyes closed then your wish will come true with in one year. Now, if you decide to climb the steps with your eyes closed and backwards then you are even closer to your wish. Of course my cousin and I did it once with our eyes closed and then just in case, I decided to do it going backwards as well. So I wished my wish as hard as I could and didn't peek once!
My cousin didn't go for the backwards bit and once we started heading back she looked at me and said "you think my wish will come true even though I didn't do it backwards...maybe I should do it, just in case". We both busted out laughing and headed back to the steps where she walked up and down with her eyes closed and backwards, so now there are no reasons why our wishes shouldn't come true. So mark the calendar, on 10-25-10 I made a wish that I can not disclose but I will let you know in one year if my wish comes true!
After Blarney we headed to Cork, checked in our hotel and hit the town. We decided on some Indian food for dinner which was a first for me. It was better than I thought it would be and I will definitely go back for more. Once dinner was done we went to a local pub for a beer. We didn't think it would be a crazy night seeing that it was a Monday, but after about an hour they had a live band come on and the party was just starting. People here are so friendly and ready to get to know you. We quickly meet a few people and the drinks started flowing. Every time we looked down our new friends had more drinks waiting for all. We hung out with the nicest couple that were celebrating a birthday and a few others. The band was amazing and we danced the night away. It was a great time and an unexpected night, which to me those are the best ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment