Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Taking a bath in Bath!

After leaving London yesterday I realized how much I was missing some open air. Once we got on the road the scenery was breathtaking. You feel as though you can’t look enough, there are rolling hills of the greenest grass with homes scattered across. You see sheep and horses gazing and the absolute cutest farms. As we drove all that we kept saying is “this looks like a scene from a movie”! Everything is so beautiful that you can’t turn away for one-second.

We got to Bath yesterday after a 3 hour drive. Bath is wonderful, it has the feel of an old town and all the buildings are made of the same limestone, making it a sight to see. They have the old roman baths that were built on natural hot springs and people from all over the world come here. Jane Austin was from Bath and most of here books took place in Bath....just a side note :)

We checked into our cozy B&B and hit the town. Today we actually got to go to one of the thermal baths and go for a dip, which was a blast but a little chilly. The weather was about 7 degrees Celsius so once we were ready to get out we had to make a run for it. After our baths we took a tour of the city and headed out to Cheltenham. This place...well it’s not as nice and I think our hotel is the main cause of that. Some shady hotels are gonna come with the territory. We head off to Broadway tomorrow and then Oxford.

I realize every time I see something breathtaking how amazing this opportunity is and how lucky I am to have it. I am here with my cousins traveling around England and at times I just can’t believe that this is all happening. Realizing this, I keep wanting to take it all in as much as I can. I want these days to go by as slow as possible so I can savor every moment. And I want to remember every detail of this trip forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment