Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Good Times

Isfahan has been wonderful so far. I have been staying with my aunt and everyday my cousin and her sons come over and we go out. It's been relaxing being here, a bit on a slower pace than Tehran. I have already seen so much of the city when I was little that there isn't a particular place I want to go or see. I just want to spend time with my family and hear all about their lives.
My aunt and I decided to go to Yazd, a city in the desert, for a 2 day visit. This was part of the original plan when my mom was coming but I figured I would stick with it and go. After all it's time to be with my aunt and see another city. Yazd is beautiful, it's close to the desert and the buildings are all build out of a special mud that resembles the desert. We went all over and saw all the major sites. In the evening we went to my cousins house for a quick visit and got to see more family. If you haven't guessed I have a huge family :) This is my first cousin on my mom's side and since we were there we got to see them as well. It was a nice visit and I am happy I got to see everyone.
Today my cousin and I went for some shopping in the large square's bazaar. If weight was not a problem I would have bought the entire place. Either way I will have to come back for a shopping trip with an extra suitcase! After our shopping we went for lunch at a great restaurant and of course, we pigged out.
Tomorrow my Uncle comes to see me and we will be together for a few days before I return to Tehran.

No comments:

Post a Comment