Thursday, December 9, 2010

Off to Isfahan!

Today I left Tehran to come to Isfahan. I haven’t seem my aunt and cousin, from my mom’s side yet so I am super excited. My Aunt was suppose to come to my brother’s wedding 2 years ago but due to health reasons she was not able to make it. Needless to say I couldn’t wait to give her the biggest hug.

My cousin’s son meet me in Tehran and we rode the bus together to Isfahan. We had a great ride and got to catch up. I was actually really surprised with the transportation, the buses are super nice, it is like flying in first class. The seats all recline into a bed, you have a foot rest and they play movies the entire way. The drive went by fast and before I knew it I was at my aunt’s door.

I was fine at first when I saw everyone and we started hugging and kissing, but when I got to my aunt I couldn’t help but burst out in tears. I don’t know if I was just so excited to see her, if it had been too long or if some of the emotions of hugging her reminded me of my mom’s absence. It was probably the combination of it all, either way we were both hugging, crying and smiling all at the same time.

I will stay with my aunt for 10 days and the last few days my mom’s brother will come and we will all be together. Being here is nice, our days have been filled with talking about every detail of our lives and looking at photo’s. Today we will go shopping in the largest square in Iran, which is the 2ND largest square in the world! It is great fun as you can see the workers hammering designs into iron pieces that they will soon sell, there are, of course, tons of jewelry stores and beautiful buildings to see! Isfahan is a beautiful city, they have beautiful palaces and two famous bridges that are gorgeous to walk across and light up in the evenings.


3 comments:

  1. Oh Gloria. Reading this makes me well up with tears. This reminds me of when I get to see my family and how much I miss them. I am so glad to read that you're having such a great time. It is unfortunate that your mother is not able to join but her health is the most important. I am glad that you're not dwelling on the fact that she's not with you. She would not want you to do it either. It seems like you're having the time of your life! Carpe diem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback...Sorry I am not sure who this is??

    ReplyDelete