Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Aftermath

I have decided after some debate to continue writing my blog. I guess I just got used to it and to be honest it's a great reflection for me on my life. My debate came because there will be lots of intimate or personal things that I will say but I figured what the hell. I take comfort in knowing that everyone thinks this blog is done so I doubt my friends and family will read any of it and in the next few weeks I may change the site to a different one.

Life has been interesting the last two months since I have been home. I have adjusted, of course, and in some ways I have gotten back to the same old routine. I guess that's what is bothering me a bit. What can you do but get in the same life you had, see your old friends, talk to the same people and go out to the same places. I by no means am saying that's bad, it's just what I didn't really want. I wonder if I have lost sight of moving because I am here. I find myself torn sometimes wanting to leave and go anywhere in the world...anywhere but here.

As much as I have gotten back to normal life, other things have become more clear. Work for example, I came home and began looking for jobs actively but it was about 2 weeks later that I felt I should be doing something else. I have decided, with the help of my dad, to start my own business. I just feel like there is something there, something big and if I don't try and take a leap of faith I will always wonder. So even though I am broke, I have deiced to tough it out and put all I can into something I believe but have no solid certainty.

I have good and bad days with this, sometimes I question if what I am doing is going to turn out good but I also think what is the worst thing that can happen, I am already broke and living at home! Which brings me to living at home! What a challenge this it being 29 and living on my own since I was 15. It has nothing to do with my parents, we get along great and they are my 2 greatest friends. It's just a difference of living, I do things one way and my mom another. Plus living alone is very different than living with 2 others, everyone has their own set ways and well it's been a struggle.

I just wish I had more certainty in knowing that what I am doing is right. Staying here in Atlanta, starting my own business, living at home and not getting any income...I am sure we all want certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment