Friday, April 8, 2011

It's time to give back!

At the beginning of this week I did something I hate doing, I got upset about work, money and just how tough things have been. I was so down and unhappy. I made a promise a long time ago that as long as my family and I are healthy, happy and have a roof over our heads that I wouldn't let the small stuff bother me, because at the end of the day none of it matters.

It's almost as though some times you let life get to you. Well I also remembered what I used to do to keep me in check, volunteer my time. Before I started my last job and went back to school, I used to be so involved and I used to give back, and it was the best therapy for me. So I've decided to start giving back again and I have to tell you, just the thought of it makes me happy!

I signed up for a few things on Tues. and called Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, an organization dear to my heart. I have decided since I have the time now, I am going to give as much as I can and regularly, probably once a week. There is no reason why I can't or don't put the time aside. The one thing I remember when my brother was sick was how amazing people are to donate their time and energy for others and it was a great gift for us. I can only hope to do the same for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment