Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've been a little slack lately with writing, somehow the past few weeks have just slipped away. I can't believe it's mid March! Things are going good, some days that we work until the evening and others when I don't even want to look at work but all in all I finally feel like we are getting somewhere, even if we hear No's. At least a no is an answer and we can look in another direction.

I have been helping with Leukemia Society more as the school kick offs have started. I help with a program called pennies for patients, basically schools raise money for LLS. So for each school we hold assemblies to explain who we are and what we do and to kick off their fundraising. I held my first assembly yesterday alone and I have to say it was a bit nerve racking at first but after a few minutes I warmed up and was on a roll. I was surprised to be a little nervous, but I think it was because I was scared to tear up while talking about my brother. Lately when I tell his story I get so emotional, I think it's the years of emotions I hid...who knows. Anyway I have another assembly tomorrow, which I am excited about. At the end of the day it puts life into perspective for me and reminds me to be thankful and happy.

I get to watch my lovely niece tomorrow! I can't believe how much I love her, she is like an addiction for me. It took me a while to figure out why she is so special, other than the fact that she is my niece. Finally the other day when I saw my brother with her, I realized what it was. There was a point in time that we weren't sure we would ever see this day, there was a time when we weren't sure if my brother would live and now to see him as a father, well it just makes it all the more special for us. I'm not quite sure if my brother will ever realize this, but we certainly do, every time he accomplishes something or has a big event we remember and it is so special for us as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment