Tuesday, October 12, 2010

California, California, California!





Last week was amazing! My week started off visiting some family in Santa Barbara, which was amazing and beautiful. I was lucky enough to have a wonderful host and got to see all the sites. Santa Barbara is such a gorgeous city, I finally got to see what the big deal was! After two days in Santa Barbara we headed to LA to pick up the ladies and start the chaos!
By 2pm we were at a great Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach drinking margaritas...needless to say the cocktails continued until the evening. Thursday we all headed to LA, it was my first time there, I went in thinking that I really wouldn’t like the city but I was pleasantly surprised. It’s a fun city that’s for sure. After two days in LA we were partied out and ready to head back to our cute little bungalow.
So far from all that I have seen, I love California. The only complaint that I have are the people. I guess growing up in the south people for the most part are so nice and friendly. Out here...not so much. It's seems like a chore to say hi or be nice to strangers. I have been running in the mornings here and the first time I went I said hi to the people I passed and I was so shocked that no one said hi back, they just looked at me like I was crazy. I ran passed a lady that fell and no joke the woman was gushing blood so I turned around and went to help her and asked if she was ok. She looked at me like I was from another planet and refused my help! I know my mouth dropped when she said no and my look of horror forced a "thanks anyway" out of her. I mean come on people...what is your problem! You would never find people like that in the south. If people are nice here, it is for a reason.
Oh and the guys here seem to think they can do and say whatever they want. They are so stuck up like they're the shit...well some had a rude awaking when they talked to me. I am not the kinda gal to put up with a dude that looks in the mirror more than he thinks. They think money allows them to do and say whatever they please. Anyway that was my only complaint about it here and a small one at that :)
All in all it was a very busy and fun filled week. I got to see lots of family and new places. California has a special place in my heart now and I know I will be back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment