Monday, October 4, 2010

Pictures in My Mind

So far California has been amazing, not only because of its beauty, but I am fortunate to have two wonderful hosts! Yesterday we walked down the street for a tasty breakfast, which can i add people here just go to bakeries before work and have a meal. You don’t see this in Atlanta as much, maybe because the city is so spreadout, but I think it’s so nice and relaxing. It seems like life is at a slower place out here and people take time to live their lives. You see people everywhere doing everything and no one is in a rush! It is refreshing to see that life is enjoyed.
After our meal we hopped on our bikes and went for a little ride....okay it was a long ride but amazing. We biked down to Huntington Beach which is 13 miles each way, personaly I think it was way longer than 13 miles, but that is what I was told. It was such a cute ride, we had to get on a ferry to cross the bay and then we biked through all these great areas and along the beach. Once our destination was reach we ate some healthy food, nachos, wings and beer, watched some football and headed back a bit heaveir :) It was a great day!
I have been blessed in my life to have traveled all over the world. I remember once in northern Italy I was with all my cousins and we went to the beach for a day. It was such a clear day, the sky was as blue as you can imagine and the water was so clear and crisp. I can remember it like it was yesterday, I was laying in the sand and all the guys were playing soccer and the girls were chatting, the ocean was in the background and I thought to myself “remember this Gloria, remember every detail of this day. Remember the voices of your family, remember the sound of the ocean, the color of the water and the sky, remember the heat of the sun and the feeling of the sand, remember it all and take it all in.” I knew that that monent was worth all the money in the world and I wanted to never forget it.
I feel as though these days are the same and I want to remember every detail of them. I want to take a picture in my mind of all the beauty that I am seeing and never forget it. As I biked yesterday I took a million pictures in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds all beautiful! Enjoy every moment and breath it in. :)

    ReplyDelete