Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I have been a bit lazy the past week with blogging. To be honest I haven’t had that much time and whenever I have had time I just wasn’t in the mood. Anyhow, I had a great 1st week in Sydney. My cousins and I have been busy going all over. We have spent a few days at the beach, which I love, but it is also what you do here. There are so many different beaches and all are great to see and go for a swim. It is very different for me coming from Atlanta, a city with no water around. Here you go to the beach for an hour or two and then get on with the rest of your day, whereas I am used to going on vacation to the beach and spending the entire day there. I love just going for a swim and some sun and then getting on with the rest of your day. Life is more relaxed here, well life is more relaxed everywhere but America.

On New Year's Eve my cousins and I went to a near by park and picnicked. Fireworks are the thing to do here and that is what everyone gathers to see when the clock strikes 12! In the States we get dresses up, go out and count down when the apple drops. It was different to be sitting in casual clothes, relaxed and without all the hype. the countdown was short and didn’t seem to even be the highlight of the night, it was the fireworks that people were waiting for. They were amazing to say the least. It wasn’t really that long but seeing them choreographed to music and shooting off the Harbour Bridge was stunning! No other fireworks will ever match up to watching them over the Sydney Harbour.

I really enjoyed having a casual and easy New Year’s Eve, it made me happy and I am excited about 2011. I feel as though it’s gonna be a great year! I have my list of resolutions and to my pleasant surprise I realized that all the resolutions I made last year, I achieved! Let’s see if I can say the same about this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment