Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sydney at Last!

Arriving in Sydney was like a dream come true! I still can’t believe that I am here and with my Aunt and cousins. It has been years that I said I was come and I never got the chance to, now here I am. I had some issues at the airport but it wasn’t enough to get me upset because I was to excited to see everyone. One of my bags didn’t show up and naturally it was the one with all the “good” items in it. The other problem that I ran into was in customs, they decided to hold me there and question me for a while but in the end I was free to go.

My cousin Sara waited for over an hour, poor thing, but we reunited and talked about how much we missed each since leaving Scotland. We went straight to Sara’s sister’s house for Christmas dinner. I was so excited that I didn’t feel how tiered I was after a 16 hour flight. I just couldn’t believe that I was finally at Samira’s house and with everyone. My Aunt and Uncle came and I was so happy to hug them. We opened gifts, I was definitely not expecting this, but they all got me stuff and I was so excited for each one! After gifts we ate a delicious feast and then it happened, the jet-lag hit me! I could have put my head right there on the table and passed out. I went straight to my cousins bed and slept for a good 3 hours. I woke up refreshed and ready to go.

The past two days have been great, we have all been together and catching up. I am happy just to be with everyone even if we are at home. My sweet cousins keep asking what I want to do but I am truly happy doing whatever just as long as we are together.

I am excited about the weeks to come but something tells me that it will be hardest to leave Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment