Monday, January 10, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend!

I had a wonderful weekend followed by a nice relaxing Monday. On Friday my cousin, Sara, and I went to the city to check out some sights and walk around. Sydney has a very nice downtown, it’s small compared to large cities but so inviting. You get the feel of large city with all the perks of small one. It is easy to walk everywhere without getting tiered and in every direction you look there is something to see. It is quite different coming from Atlanta where you have to drive everywhere you want to go and nothing is close together. In Sydney you can be in the Botanical Gardens and in a 5 minute walk you are standing next to the Opera House!

We saw the major sights and finished our day in downtown at a historic pub. It was nice, we sat outside close to the Harbour Bridge, had a few beers and ate. In the evening we went to my other cousins house for an amazing dinner and game night. Sadly my team lost in Taboo but in my defense it was the Australian version ;)

On Saturday we started our day early and headed out to Hunter Valley...my heaven...the land of wine! It was about a two hour drive and we spent the day at different vineyards sampling all of Australia’s greatest wines. The day was beautiful and we were all together. Our weekend was topped off with a nice relaxing Sunday. Sara and I went for yoga in the morning and then we met Sami, Frank and Jonah at the beach. It was supposed to be a cloudy day but the forecasters couldn’t have been more wrong. It was an amazing day, blue skies, a nice breeze and the water was so refreshing. If you just dip your feet in you will think it’s far to cold but once you dive in you come out feeling invigorated.

After the beach we all went out for happy hour and pizza’s. A few Mojito’s later, Sara and I were ready to go out. We went to a local lounge for a drink and ended our night at a cute evening lounge. We found some friends along the way and had a pretty good night. Today on the other hand I was not feeling quite so happy. The older I get the more I realize I can’t drink whatever I want and get away with it. I should know better than to mix my liquor, but again I learned my lesson. Anyway it was a quiet day at home with my family!

2 comments:

  1. You're at the beach and Atlanta has SNOW today! Maybe I'll be posting pics of us sledding on my blog - we'll see how it goes. :) How on earth are you ever going to return to the working world after such an amazing trip??? I hope you truly enjoy your last few weeks in Australia! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie! I know I heard about all the snow....I am actually jealous, I can't believe it is snowing in Atlanta and I am not there! I think it is going to be super hard coming back, I don't think I am ready but I don't know if I would ever be ready.
    At least you guys are off from work and I would love to see pics! Have fun in the snow!

    ReplyDelete