Monday, March 28, 2011

When all else fails in life, count on family!

I have been blessed with the most amazing family. What is interesting about us is that our extended family is closer than most immediate families. Yesterday my cousins and their kids arrived in Atlanta to celebrate our Persian New Year and I have to say regardless of what mood I am in I love being with family. We laugh, joke, play games and drink nonstop. And while we are all together we call all the family that isn’t present and talk on the phone from across the world.

To thank God isn’t enough, I means so much for me to be able to spend this time with the people I love, to learn as much as I can, to laugh as much as we can and to make memories that we will always look back on.

Tonight we drank wine, had the music blasting and reminisced about Iran and all our memories. I love hearing my parents and family talk about their childhood and all the stories they have. I forget some times that the Iran I know is worlds apart from the one that they are from. I also forget that at one point all my family that is now all over the world were together in Iran as kids and young adults.

I miss Iran. I miss my family there and all the things that I love. I miss the smell of the city, the taste of the food, I miss seeing my uncle and joking with him. I miss walking to the bakery and eating fresh bread…I miss every detail. If I had the opportunity to go right now I wouldn’t think twice.

It’s so sad to be a world apart from what I love....but that's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment