Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Changes

Life has been good, I can't complain. I know I have been very bad with writing but it seems that days fly by and I can't seem to remember. I am currently in Toronto visiting family. It's been nice, I got here a bit over a week ago and I still have one week left.
So far my visit has been wonderful, I truly came just to be with family not thinking or expecting to sight see or do anything special, but my family has taken my mom and I all over. I have to say Toronto is much bigger than I expected, I guess I pictured a very modern but not to big city. The reality is that the city is huge and there is a touch of old European architecture throughout the city. There is also a whole lot of traffic! I haven't seen anything like it, you never know when you will sit on the highway for hours. I do, however, really like the city and my hosts have been so generous to show us everything!
Today we went to visit Amoo, this was my first time at his grave sight but I am so happy to have gone. The area is beautiful, as it overlooks a lake with beautiful trees all around. There is a sense of peace and serenity there. As much as we have all accepted what has happened, there are moments were I still can't believe that it's all true. It is crazy to think how much life has changed. All we can gather is that life is so short and to take advantage of all the wonderful moments we are here.
I am so proud of my cousins that have gathered the strength to take what has happened and find the good in it all. They have shown me what it means to be strong and I admire that.

No comments:

Post a Comment