Monday, January 23, 2012

A Beautiful Day

Saturday's memorial was beautiful. Although it was pouring down rain outside, inside we held a great ceremony. Everything was covered from the refreshments, to pins with Hamid's picture, to a beautiful table with all his favorite things. I tried to go in with the mind set to be happy and really celebrate a life we have lost. Although that was hard at times I tried to smile. My dad did an amazing job with his speech. I wasn't sure if he would be able to get up there and get through it, so I was on stand by to talk, but he did and his speech was wonderful.

After the memorial we went back to the family's house and decided to take some flowers down to the river, his favorite place, and toss them. It was a beautiful site, all of us walking down their hill holding flowers. Cars along the street were even stopping to see what this huge group of people were doing. But it was as though Hamid was watching over us, the sun came out after a day of pouring rain and was setting as we tossed flowers in the the river. We could all feel him there. I pray that his family find peace in all this, as well as my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment