Thursday, January 19, 2012

Counting down the hours

I am counting down the hours until my dad returns home. I know that his heart is here and he is ready to be home, see everyone and allow himself to grieve. This has been such a sad experience, I am so devastated at what has happened, but my true sadness comes from realizing what my father has lost.

He has lost his best friend, his advisor, his buddy. The person he sees everyday, walks along the river with, picks his grapes with, travels with, bikes with, hikes with, listens to good music with and laughs with. He has lost his true friend, his partner in crime. We always joked that they were more like lovers than friends because they were always together or talking. I can not imagine my dad's loss and I hope that he can find peace in such a hard time. I pray for him because I know everywhere he looks there is going to be a memory of his dear friend.

What can I say, this is the beauty of life, if we do not have death then we will never know the beauty of life! We are sad for selfish reasons, but I know our dear friend is in a better place smiling down on us. You will be forever missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment