Monday, February 13, 2012

40 Days

ok, I know I asked for winter but I didn't think I would actually get it. I wore my winter coat this weekend...hurray! Now if I can wear my gloves and a few scarves this week, then I'll be ready for warmer days!

On a different note, today was Hamid's 40Th day, which in our culture is practiced. Basically for the first 40 days after someones death most people wear black, they don't shave their beards and this is the morning period. Then on the 40Th day everyone gathers to remember the life that we lost, but it is also the mark for everyone to begin moving forward. From this day everyone should be getting back to life, break the black clothes and try to look ahead even though it is tough. Some people do everything like not shaving their beards but really it is whatever they feel. What most people do practice is the gathering on the 40Th day.

Anyway, today was Hamid's 40Th, which I can't believe. Time has flown by and I don't even know where it has gone. I think one of the hardest things for people that have lost someone close, is that life goes on, people continue, but for those that the loss is deep, life doesn't go on so easily. I say this thinking about Hamid's kids and wife, his siblings and close friends. Yes they will continue but not so easy, not without wishing he was here every second.

Originally we wanted to hold the event today at the park along the river but due to the very cold weather (which apparently I caused) we had everyone over at Hamid and Terri's house. It was nice, emotional at times, but nice. Everything that anyone has ever said about Hamid is always so positive, he was so happy and always joking. Even in his death he has given people so much happiness by remembering him and all his famous sayings. I hope and pray his family can begin to piece back their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment