Sunday, February 19, 2012

missing you...

Tonight everyone got together at one of Hamid's family members house, the past few weekends it seems that we all get together one night at someones house. It's good, it gets everyone out and lifts their spirits to be around each other.

At some point in the evening we were all sitting around the table and Hamid's brother began telling us about his dream and how he saw his brother and they talked. It was a great dream to have and we all began talking about Hamid and they way he was and how he always knew what to do. As we were all talking and listening to stories I noticed my dad had his gaze towards the ground through most of the talks.

On the way home I could tell he was in a mood and asked if he was ok, he said he was just down. Once we got home I went to see if he was ok and his eyes filled with tears and he said, "I miss his so much". I hugged my dad and told him that Hamid is with him, every step of the way, he is here. I guess sometimes even I forget how it must still be so hard for him. I mean, I know it's hard and we talk about it all the time, but my dad does so well on a daily basis that I forget how sad he is. This will creep up on him for weeks to come and I am sure as time goes on he will miss him more and more...this is just the beginning.

With everything in me, I pray for everyone to be ok and that God help everybody through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment