Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Busy or lazy?

I don't know if I'm just too busy these days or plain old lazy...maybe a bit of both.  Either way it has been far too long since I have sat down to write. As usual there is so much to say as I never have a dull moment in my life.

Things have been busy, hectic, draining, fun and exciting all in one.  I have had good news and bad but all in all I know that if I just continue and work hard for the next few months things will turn around.  I have been traveling a lot lately, some for work and some for pleasure.  I went to Canada with my family and got to spend an amazing week with my cousins and my niece!  It was such a joy to wake up to her everyday for one week!  She is an absolute joy and growing so quickly. I can't believe her first birthday is next week!  It feels like yesterday that I was speeding to the hospital to meet her.

After Canada I headed out to Chicago, it was my first time there.  I have to say Chicago is a pretty cool city. I never imagined it to be such a fun city.  I loved the feel of the city and that you get the city life (like NYC) but just more calm and relaxed.  Some parts of my trip were great and others disappointing...some of you know why.  However, I have learned to to stay strong and move on.  At this point in my life I have come to far to let people hurt me or get me down.

Anyway, this past weekend I was at the beach with the girls for my Kery's bachelorette weekend.  It was very nice and relaxing. I realized once I was there that I had not been to the beach in a year...which is a long time for me.  We had a great weekend and more importantly Kery had fun.  Her wedding will be here before we know it!

In between all these trips I have been making day trips with my dad to all the vineyards we are working with to collect pomice.  We have been to Alabama a few times, North GA and this week we will be in NC!  Lots of driving, PR and hard work loading the grapes.  My poor father is really working is butt off once we get the pomice. He is drying and processing everything and man do I feel for him.  At the end of everyday we remember our goal and keep working.

I am excited to see what the next few months hold for us and pray that all of our hard work pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment