Friday, September 21, 2012

The days I will never forget.

These are the days I will never forget.  September 21, 2012, working with my dad for 8 hours outside. Cleaning, seeving and separating grape seeds from the skins.  For the first time in my life I am beyond dedicated to this.  I am willing to work like a dog, to put in my hard work, to blister from cleaning, to be in pain from lifting and to really be tiered from all the hard work.

Even a few months ago I was working hard, but I was balancing my life, I was working but when it was time to quit I was ready to relax.  Now it's as though a light has been turned on, I want it and I want it so bad that I am wanting to feel the pain, feel the heat and really dedicate myself to this.  The past 6 weeks have been crazy, we have been everywhere from North Carolina to Alabama. We have driven to different wineries in the same day and come home at the end of the night ready to pass out.  We have gone to north Georgie in an hours notice to pick up tons of pomace and have come home and unload it...just the two of us, me and my father.

My father has always worked hard and never asked me to get my hands dirty.  However, now I am ready to roll up my sleeves and work along side him.  I want to feel it so when the time comes and this takes off I know what it took.  I want to always remember these days of hard work and if ever my business is successful I want to know what it takes to get it there.  I hope I am always willing to put on my boots and dirty clothes and get my hands dirty no matter how successful I am, because only then will I appreciate where I have come from and how hard people really do work.

More than anything I hope and strive to one day be as good of parents as my mother and father.   One of my greatest fears is that I will not live up to to the people and parents they are.  My mom and dad are beyond amazing and every time I think I realize it, they do more and show me what it means to love and to care.

My father has always told me "I don't love my children, I am in love with my children".  As we worked together tonight and talked, he mentioned that all he has and wants is that one day when I am 45 years old to look back and be able to say that I am who I am and I am where I am because of what you taught me and because of the love you showed me.  They say parents play a small role in children's lives because it comes down to your genes and who you are, but I beg to differ. I think my parents are every reason that I am where I am and that I am who I am.

These are the days that I will NEVER forget. The days that I look into my father brown/green eyes and talk to the point of tears, talk about life, and who we are.  We talk about the obstacles and what lies ahead. These are the days that I will always remember my father telling me "sweetheart wealth is not about money, but about family and love".  I will always remember and cherish these days.  Whether Array Organics becomes something or not I have already made. I have had the pleasure of working with my father and gaining his knowledge.  These truly are the best days of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww....that is such a sweet post, it made me tear up! I want to be like your parents too! You are blessed to have your parents and they are truly blessed to have a daughter that loves and respects them. As I get older, I understand the bible commandment that says "Honor thy parents."

    Your hard work and dedication is going to pay off big time. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete