Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Place I Love!

Lots of people have asked me which place am I most excited to visit; it is such a hard question to answer, each place has it’s own excitement. Scotland is a place I have dreamt of going and I knew I would love. Ireland has beauty that you can’t describe, London...well London is just a great city. I am excited about Iran and Sydney because I am seeing family after so long. So each place has something to look forward to and an excitement of its own.

However, when I really think about it deep down I can’t help but be thrilled to go to Iran. I just can’t wait to be there, to see family, to eat the food, to see the people and hear the music. I love going there, I love the culture, the history and I love that this is part of my life.

People say I am an old soul in a young heart. I appreciate the culture of Iran, the music that is so rich and it reminds me of my childhood, I love the pride that the people have regardless of their religious beliefs or the political views. I love the richness of the food, even the fruits taste different there, they have real taste. I love the way the cab driver tells you it’s no charge because it is courteous, even though there is a charge. It is the little things that make the people and the country so wonderful.

Even though I was not born there I feel more a part of Iran at times that I do America. I love traditions and I feel the need to carry them on. I love how much the culture has made my life different. My parents raised us with a very strong sense of culture and they made sure we understood where we come from and who we are. From the age of one I have been traveling to Iran and have spent summers there with my family. I never realized the impact that these times had, but now I see. Some of my fondest memories take place in Iran and I hope that my family and children to will have this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment