Friday, December 17, 2010

Finally...I miss home...I think...

I miss home. I was waiting for when I would finally say that; I miss home. Oddly enough if I had a ticket back home right now I am not ready to take it. As much as I miss home I’m not ready to go back. The truth is that I really thought at some point on this journey things would become more clear for me. I thought I would know what I want to do when I go back home or where I want to go. I have no clue if I even want to return to Atlanta. I just thought being away would give me answers. I am now about to head to my last destination and I still don’t have any answers.


I do know that I miss my family more than anything. I would love to hug my mom and dad right now, it’s like an instant recharge. I miss seeing friends and the small things that I really wasn’t sure I would miss. And as much as I tell myself not to miss these things because I will have them before I know it, a person can’t help how they feel. I guess I just miss familiarity.


I keep thinking about all my old coworkers and how busy it is this time of year. I have been having dreams about work...I don’t know if that means I miss it or if it means that I am relieved to not be there. I think about all my friends and what they are up to, I miss just calling someone up and meeting for a coffee. I miss Christmas and all the hype that goes along with it; it’s my favorite time of year and I love everything from the repetitive songs to the crowded malls.


One would think that I am traveling around the world having the time of my life and that I don’t miss anything, but the truth is I miss it all. I called my brother tonight just to hear his voice, we had a great talk and although we aren't big talkers on the phone I just wanted to be on the phone with him to feel closer. Soon I will leave Iran and feel the same way about here. I want to remember and enjoy every moment of being here. I want not to miss home in order to be in the present. I wish I could blink and be home for a day and then return...wouldn’t that be lovely!


4 comments:

  1. Good choice with the background and format , pink was getting into me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too Gloria!! It's crazy busy and the crazy people are out and about. We are still laughing and trying to get our holiday on. Wish you were here! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuz, I actually meant to change it a while ago but was just being lazy! Glad you like it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww Jules, I am so happy to hear from you! I miss you guys too and I am constantly thinking about you guys these days and how busy and crazy it is. I am having the craziest dreams about that place! I hope you are all well and say hello to everyone for me! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete