Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Warm Get Away!

Tears filled my eyes as I said goodbye to my aunt and family yesterday in Isfahan. As much as I told myself don’t cry, when the time came and my aunt hugged me, I couldn’t hold it in and neither could she. Mainly because we just don’t know when the time will come to see each other again. As time goes on she is getting older and it has become harder for Iranians to get a visa to come to America.

My uncle and I had a long ride back to Tehran but we finally made it after 7 hours! It was a bit longer because of traffic due to a few days that everyone was on holiday. I also had to part with my uncle once we reach Tehran, which surprisingly I was sad to leave him! He teared up as he hugged me a million times and I guess it was the first time I was sad to say bye to him. We just aren’t that close for me to get sad, who knows maybe I was just emotional from all the goodbyes.

My cousin picked me up from the station and we headed home to my other uncle’s house that I have been staying with during my time here. This is again my dad’s side of the family and the family I parted with is my mom’s side...just to clarify.

It was good to see everyone again. I spoke with my parents today and they are both doing well. My dad said that other than missing me, life is good and my mom is getting better every day that goes by.

My cousins and I decided since I have a week left to get out of Tehran for a few days and go to the island of Kish. During the colder months a lot of people travel to Kish for a warm get away, it is located in the Persian Gulf. I am excited for I have never been there, it is somewhere new for me to see and I hear it is a bit more lenient in the rules of the country. We are leaving tomorrow at 6am and will return on Wednesday in the afternoon. I, of course, will not be taking my Mac but I will have my journal handy for a quick entry and to post when I return! Until then...ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment