Monday, December 27, 2010

This is the last stop!

Tonight I left Iran and to my surprise I left with mixed feelings. I really thought I would be ready to leave but the truth is that I could have stayed another month. I just thought that after one month I would have soaked in all that I could and I would be ready for something different. Even though I did most of what I wanted and I had an amazing time, I just wasn't at my limit yet. I think another few weeks would have done the trick!
My parents were nervous about me leaving and going through customs and catching the right flight. They kept saying that the airport can be a bit confusing and to just make sure I go to the right gate. Once I went in, it was a breeze! I was at my gate in no time, with no problems and my luggage was at the target weight! Once we finally boarded at 5am I could start to relax and try to get some sleep. As we were taking off I kept thinking about what a great time I had and I couldn't believe that my time in Iran was over. I was sitting there looking out the window and the next thing I knew the flight attendant came over and handed me some tissues, I looked at him confused for a second and then realized I had tears rolling down my face. I didn't think I would be sad leaving Iran, but I couldn't help think, when will I be back?
I tried hard to wipe my tears and stop crying but they just kept coming. I can't believe how emotional I have been at some points of this trip. I am wondering what the heck is going on because I am not this much of a crier and here I am going to Sydney and I can't stop crying! Really what is up with this?
Anyway once we there in the air my sweet flight attendant took good care of me and put a smile on my face! After I got about an few hours away that smile was getting bigger and bigger thinking about landing in Sydney. I am so excited to see my family in Sydney! I can't believe that I am heading to my last stop. All this time and preparation and it is almost coming to an end. I have loved every second but can't help to think that it flew by so fast. I have one month left before I head home!

No comments:

Post a Comment