Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can one Weekend be any Better?

My weekend has been great, not that I would expect anything less with my amazing hosts. I have to say my month in Sydney has been wonderful and mainly due to the fact that my aunt and cousins have done a great job showing me around and keeping me busy. I have had great food, spent days at all the beaches and drank lots of yummy wine.


On Friday my cousins and I decided to make it a girls night, we started at the Ivy, which is a hip area in the city, it is basically a multi level lounge/club. There is a rooftop pool, cabanas and delicious drinks. After a drink there we headed to The Rocks Markets, which is an outdoor markets they set up close to the Harbour Bridge. We chowed down on some Italian food and then walked the markets. Our night was topped off with drinks over looking the city. I think we got the best seats in the house and a full moon lighting up the entire city. What a view; looking over the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House with the moon lighting everything up! I know seeing this is something that will stay with me forever.


Yesterday Samira, Frank, Jonah and I went to the wildlife center, after all I had to see some Kangaroos and Koalas before I go home. Our morning was spent there seeing all the insects, animals and reptiles of Australia. We grabbed a delicious lunch by the water and headed home. In the evening it was time for me and Sara to have our big night out! We had some drinks and headed out to see Roger Sanchez! It was a good night ;) You know you had fun when you go out in heals and come home in flip flops!


Today I had to face the truth and start packing. Yes I am finally coming home and boy do I have a load to pack. I shipped my summer clothes here and was thinking to take them back with me, but between that and the shopping I have done here I don’t know if I can get through the airport with all my luggage! Anyway, with my aunt’s help we managed to pack 2 suitcases and I am praying they are the correct weight.


In the evening, Samira and Frank invited us over for my final dinner at their house. If you knew what great cooks they are you would have been as excited as I was. They have truly treated me while I have been here, I have had some amazing food and tonight topped it off! I think we had about a 7 or 8 course meal...I lost track after number 4. It was a seafood extravaganza. We had grilled scallops, grilled Haloomi Cheese, raw oysters, grilled prawns, corn, salad and just in case that was not enough, we had lobster topped with yumminess. It was amazing...oh wait we also had dessert, which I dont’ remember what it was, by that point I was in a food coma!

It was a great night and Frank and Samira out did themselves. I told them now I will definitely come back :) Tomorrow is my last day, I am sure there are last minute things to get done. In the evening we are all getting together for one more feast here at my aunt’s house and then I will be leaving the following morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment