Thursday, January 20, 2011

Family


My cousin asked me today what the highlight of Sydney was. My response started with a few tourist things and then the more I thought about it the I realize, the highlight of Sydney has been being with my family. This trip has been amazing and one of the main reasons is because I have spent quality time with family members that I never thought I would. I never imagined the opportunity to be with my uncle in Iran for one month, just as I never thought I would be with my aunt in Iran for two weeks, just the 2 of us.

Now here I am in Sydney with my other Aunt and cousins and I just can’t help but be so happy that this time has come for me to be with them.


This is the time that I have spent with every member one on one and really enjoyed them. Tonight my aunt and I sat down after dinner and made CD’s, we laughed, sang and looked at old photos. We ended up filling each other glasses until we were laughing in our seats wondering where the time went. All I can think is this is a blessing, tonight will never happen again and I am so happy we had this. Just as I am so happy to have had these times with family throughout my trip. I keep quoting my uncle and remembering him here, we laughed so much together and I just can’t ask for anything more.

I took this trip to be me, to relax and enjoy life, to learn what I like and don’t. I have now walked out a better person for having this time with the people I love. I never realized the value of this...not until now. Now I am beyond thankful for all the time and joy I have had with my family. These moments are irreplaceable. This was a once in a lifetime trip. I see what my parents were saying now, I see why they pushed me to be with my family. I see so much of my life in the people I love and this has been amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment