Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Celebration of Life

This week my family and I lost an amazing family member. Words can’t describe our shock and grief. I haven’t written much but a few notes to my family, especially to my cousins:


Consistently throughout my life my father has told me “the beauty of life is that it changes, nothing good or bad ever lasts.”

It has mainly been in the tough times that he has told me this, the times when I see no end, when I want to give up or I just don’t know why. Now I repeat it again but not only for me but for those I love, nothing bad ever lasts and times will change, I promise.

There is no way to know why some things happen and why they happen a certain way but we have to have faith that this was the way it was supposed to be. Right now you see no end to the pain but over time you will see brighter days and you will smile again.

Never are you alone, we are all here and we all love you. Hard times only make us stronger and appreciate the goods time more, and although we all know this, you never know what you have until it’s gone; now is the time to be thankful.

To my amazing cousins and family, I love you. You are stronger than you know and you will survive this. Not only will you survive but you will come out stronger than ever. From across the world we are constantly thinking of you all, sharing wonderful and funny memories and we are celebrating Amoo Ardeshir’s life!

1 comment: