Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Home at last!

This post is long over due. Being back has been an experience in itself. I wasn’t sure how I would feel or what I would feel coming home, I just knew I was happy to see my family. Even as I was saying bye to my aunt and cousins in Sydney I still didn’t believe that my trip was over and I was heading home, I just felt that I was going to another destination. It was when I landed in LA that I knew I was in the good old USA! First off, I have to say; that of all the countries I have been to America is still one of the best when it comes to customer service. It was like I forgot how nice people are. The minute I landed people started saying hello again as I passed them and everyone was talking and for the most part they were happy. Even though I was back and sad that my trip was over, it put a smile on my face to be home.

My flight from Sydney was amazing, I love the man that checked me in…God bless him. He didn’t charge me for my extra weight in one of my bags and he gave me the entire middle row! I had 3 huge seats to myself and let me tell you being short came in handy! I was laying down and still had room to stretch! Of course I couldn’t sleep for whatever reason but I did travel 7645 miles very comfortably. Once I landed in Atlanta I began to remember everything. I walked through the airport that I have walked through hundreds of times but this time it was different, I am different.

I started getting excited to see my dad standing there waiting and I could feel his energy and excitement. Once I was reaching the top of the escalader I immediately spotted my dad and we were both smiling ear to ear. When we got home my mom, brother and Nina were all waiting and it was wonderful to see and hug them all.

It is so hard to explain the way I feel. I feel like I’m on the outside looking in. Like I have been here before and know everything, but at the same time it is all so foreign. One of my greatest fears was that I would go on this trip and come back and feel like I never left. As I walked around my parent’s house later in the night I realized I can never feel this way, because I have truly changed.

For those of you who know me know that I love giving gifts and I couldn’t wait to give my mom all her things!!! I had so much and it had been so long, I dragged her in my room dumped out my suitcase and started picking through things. We talked and caught up and I gave her all her gifts. She loved them all and even though it was 2am I just had to do it then.

Since the day I arrived my time has been filled unpacking, talking to friends, spending time with family and really just trying to feel at home again. I still don’t feel like this is all real. I feel like I am still gone or in a daze. I don’t really feel like doing so much and going out so I have been at home a lot. I have actually decided to un-clutter my life a bit. Being away and only having one bag made me realize how much I don’t need, so I have spent lots of time getting rid of everything. I have piles of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc that I am giving away. I want to simplify and keep only what I need. The rest of my time I have been looking for work.

In some ways I want to travel again in the near future and in other ways I feel like maybe moving would be better. Either way I have decided to go with the flow. Whatever comes my way, if I get a job somewhere else then I will move but if I find something better here, then Atlanta is where I will stay.

I have compiled a list of things that I learned and my firsts from my trip and I will be posting that soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment